THERE ARE HUGE DELAYS WITH AUSTRALIA POST AT THEM MOMENT, IF YOU WISH TO TRACK YOUR MASKS PLEASE SELECT TRACKING AT THE REGISTER. THANK YOU!
The Victorian Department of Health and Human Services (DHSS) compliant face mask serves as a barrier to protect you, your loved ones, and the community from transmission of COVID-19. The mask is washable and reusable, which is more economical than disposal masks; and more importantly, reduces waste.
This is not a medical device but may serve as a protective barrier for various daily and occasional activities.
- 3 layers
- One external layer of water-resistant fabric
- One middle layer of poly-cotton
- One internal 100% cotton layer
- Machine washable and reusable
- Contoured to the face to ensure minimal gaping.
- Elastic ear loops (colour dependent on availability) OR Full elastic back
- Made to order in Dayboro, QLD
- Dimensions may vary slightly for all masks are individually handmade
- We highly recommend ordering the medium size for most males and females the large is really for a large boned person.
CARE & USE INSTRUCTIONS:
- The outer layer of the mask is water repellant polyester fabric, therefore can not be put in a hot dryer, hot wash or ironed directly
- Wash before first use. Then wash after every use
- Hand wash or machine wash in warm water (no hotter than 30 degrees), wash with similar colours on gentle cycle
- Air dry (if possible place the mask in direct sunlight) or tumble dry on low heat
- Do not bleach
- Only iron the internal cotton layer, not the outer layer.
- Discontinue use and discard if worn out or soiled
- Discontinue use if you experience discomfort or difficulty breathing
- Customer service is our priority, however, for hygienic reasons, we cannot accept returns on this item.
Our high quality well made face masks are reusable and comply with the recent guidelines of the Victorian Department of Health & Human Services. They are crafted from 3 layers of fabric – The outer layer is a water resistant polyester fabric, the middle layer is a fabric blend of polyester and cotton and the inner layer is 100% tight weave cotton. All fabrics used to construct our face masks are high quality fabrics.
Our reusable masks are made from our outdoor fabric featuring the bright and beautiful prints from our collection, solid colours are also available for those who do not want to stand out! The face masks are washable and reusable.
Bungalow Living face masks are based on a pattern designed by an engineer and fit snugly to your face, covering your mouth and nose with minimal gaping.
There are a few things to consider when buying one of our reusable face masks, from washing to microwaving, please note the following –
You may have read or heard that putting your mask in the microwave with water will sterilise the mask. This is not true and the presenter of ABC’s Coronacast, Dr Norman Swan, said not only could it be a fire hazard, it won’t necessarily kill most germs.
The Victorian Department of Health and Human Services said cloth masks could be washed in the washing machine with other clothes, or hand-washed using soap and the warmest appropriate water setting for the cloth. Ensure the face mask is completely dry before using it again.
2. Avoid dampness
Do not wear your face mask if it becomes damp. Masks could become contaminated or lose their effectiveness if they are damp, wet, damaged or dirty. DHHS recommends washing a reusable mask each day. And it should also be completely dry before re-use. DHHS recommends using the heat setting on your dryer, laying out flat to air dry or, if possible, place it in direct sunlight. Bungalow Living suggest that you purchase more than one mask so you can alternate with washing.
3. And remember, your face mask is only as effective as your hygiene and distancing
Face masks are not a complete shield against the virus — touching your mask if you have the virus on your hands could lead to infection.
That’s why personal hygiene and hand washing is so important.
Please note: This is a triple layer reusable mask. It is not usable in place of an N-95 mask and does not have an air filter, however it will help protect you and others around you. It will prevent you from touching your face and/or putting your fingers in your mouth, and will catch droplets that are released as a result of speaking, sneezing and coughing.
Shipping: Domestic untracked shipping of the mask is included in the cost for customers located in Australia Please contact us for international shipping charges. If the mask is purchased alongside any other products, or is to be shipped internationally, standard shipping charges apply. If you’d like a tracked shipment, please select the Express shipping option at check out.